Cancer Second Opinion on Diagnosis, Treatment and Next Steps
Get Access To New Cutting Edge Treatment and World Leading Doctors with our Cancer Second Opinion Service.
Alivia Cancer Second Opinion
Our Cancer Second Opinion Service is specifically designed to give absolute confidence in your or your loved ones direction of care if diagnosed with cancer.
Through our innovative second opinion service, we can help you get access to the most exciting new cancer treatments and find the most decorated and highly specialised cancer surgeons and oncologists in the world to review your illness.
We are specialists in helping cancer patients with over 200 different types of cancer
This exhaustive list includes the more common types such as liver cancer, kidney cancer, bowel cancer, breast cancer, pancreatic cancer, lung cancer and prostate cancer to rare cancers such as ovarian cancer with bilateral Krukenberg tumours, which only affects one in 10 billion.
Benefits of Alivia Cancer Second Opinion
World Leading Cancer Specialists
Alivia hand-picks world leading cancer specialists, just for you and specific to your condition, to make sure you’re in the best hands.
New Cancer Treatments
With thousands of articles published in peer reviewed medical journals every year, we keep on top of these to offer you the best of what’s available via world leading doctors.
Verify Your Cancer Diagnosis
There could be subtle differences that only highly specialised doctors pick up on. This can make a vast difference to your treatment options.
Total Peace Of Mind
Alivia’s access to world leading specialists gives you the confidence that everything medically possible is being done for you or your loved one.
Why do I need a cancer second opinion?
In our experience patients or their loved ones thinking about arranging a second opinion consider it for the following reasons:
- Not being comfortable with their doctor, diagnosis, treatment, or general care
- Wanting to feel confident in the prognosis by hearing it from a world leading specialist(s)
- The innate requirement for peace of mind that they are leaving no stone unturned
If you reach out to us we will scour the world to find the most suitable doctor for your second opinion.
We will be there with you every step of the way and your assigned Alivia Personal Health Manager will be available day and night, whenever you need someone to talk to.
While we have significant expertise in arranging second opinions for cancer patients in the UK and all over the world, we can cover many different serious illnesses.
Second Opinion on Cancer Diagnosis
The Alivia selected physician or specialist will always start with a second opinion on your cancer diagnosis. Getting your diagnosis correct is paramount to having effective treatment.
According to a 2012 study, around 10-15% of doctors get the diagnosis wrong causing a wide range of safety concerns.
Second Opinion on Cancer Treatment – Treatment Review and Recommendations
After verifying your diagnosis the world leading specialist will review your current cancer treatment plan and give you a second opinion on their suggested next steps.
Recommendations on next steps could include:
- Drugs or treatments
- Further tests
- Remain on your current course of action
- Clinical trials
- Radical innovative treatment
The specialist will explore possible new cutting edge cancer treatments in the UK, which may not be available through the NSH yet, in addition to exciting new scientifically proven treatments available around the world.
How long will it take?
This service is often delivered remotely (there is an option to do it in person too), this allows you to consult with a leading international cancer specialists, without needing to leave the comfort of your own home.
Alivia’s Cancer Second Opinion Service can be delivered within a 2-5 weeks upon our receipt of your medical files and images.
Why should I use Alivia Swiss Health?
We employ complex research systems to make sure we select the best specialist for you and your specific cancer tumour.
We are working with personalised medicine in mind, meaning that we look beyond conventional population based approach that has existed for years in healthcare.
Alivia support the belief that those with the same cancer type (breast cancer, prostate cancer, etc) can have varying forms of the disease so response rate to treatment can charge significantly.
How do we do it?
The process of an Alivia Cancer Second Opinion is as follows:
- Collation of all medical files and images relevant to your condition by your individually assigned Personal Health Manager.
- Review by Alivia’s internal research team – the Medical Intelligence Unit (MIU) – under the auspices of our Chief Medical Officer and Medical Director – of the files and images to conduct an initial assessment of the diagnosis, your physician’s planned treatment strategy and any new or innovative treatment strategies that could be applicable to your future care.
- Research and analysis by the MIU to identify leading international specialists to verify the diagnosis coupled with an assessment of the treatment you have received to date.
- The MIU will consider and evaluate second opinions from international specialists, including the US as well as continental Europe and the UK. We will provide you with biographic background details and reasons for selecting a particular specialist.
- Coordination with the international expert to obtain the second opinion in writing regarding the diagnosis and potential alternative treatment strategies (we also arrange face to face consultations too).
- After the external second opinion has been received you will receive a report from Alivia’s Chief Medical Officer summarising the opinion and recommendations for suggested next steps.
Throughout the process you will have continuous contact with your Personal Health Manager, who will liaise between you, Alivia’s medical team, as well as the second opinion providers.
The Alivia Second Opinion is a private service but is designed to be affordable and accessible to all.
It is priced according to each patient’s specific requirements. Get in touch with us for a free personalised quotation.